Tuesday 27 October 2009

Welcome if you've linked from Comment is Free...

I got a Comment piece in the Guardian today, which takes some doing I can tell you, but Hooray anyway, cos it's stimulated a very interesting and largely good-natured thread. It's on

www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2009/oct/26/north-south-divide-relocation

and I've brazenly posted on it myself, advertising this blog, so as to encourage discussion and, maybe more important, corrections which I can list to get in when the opportunity arises (which will come the sooner, if everyone buys lots of books...)

I think and hope that a slideshow with some of Chris Thomond's brilliant pics will go up on the G's site shortly too (another struggle there, but still; we Northerners win in the end). I very much like working with Chris and we have endless chitchat about how to move illustration of the North forward from the powerful and lovely, but increasingly outdated, images of the past. Colour is a start. The 'old' North only seemed to have two colours. Black and white. Oh, and grey.

2 comments:

  1. Martin - just wanted to say I enjoyed your book very much and am enjoying your blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. H Joe

    Thanks very much. I've been a bit busy with other things but will get some more bibliography posted shortly. All warm wishes, Martin

    ReplyDelete